Popcorn Selling Season Is Here
The Greater Cleveland Council has gone back to Trail’s End Popcorn this year, so the product lineup is slightly different from the previous couple of years.
The annual Boy Scout popcorn sale kicks off on Friday, September 18th. The Troop needs your final orders on the Tuesday October 20th meeting. Click the links below for scans of the product lineup and price sheets.
Click to view:
Product Details and Prices,
A Few Dates:
- Troop 664 Popcorn Sale is from September 18th to October 20, 2015.
- Popcorn will be picked up from the distribution center on November 13, and will be distributed to the troop shortly thereafter.
The more you sell the cooler the prizes! Check out the 2015 prize brochure!
Our goal is for each Scout to sell $300 worth of popcorn.
The actual order forms will be distributed at the troop meetings. If you need more forms, contact Mr. Furin.
Scout Selling Tips
- ALWAYS wear your Field Class “A” uniform. Everyone loves to support a Scout in uniform.
- Pick a prize and set a sales goal to get to that prize.2015_Popcorn_Prizes
- ALWAYS sell in pairs or with an adult. Never sell after dark.
- ALWAYS act like a Scout and be polite and courteous. Wear a smile and introduce yourself.
- ALWAYS walk on the sidewalk and driveway, not through the yard. Watch for traffic.
- Never enter anyone’s house.
- ALWAYS have 2 pens with you.
- Make sure you know the different types of popcorn you are selling.
- Be sure to tell the customer how the money will be used. (1/3 to Scouting, 1/3 to the Troop, 1/3 cost of popcorn)
- Make sure you know when you will be delivering the orders.
- The more people you ask, the more you will sell.
- Place popcorn sale articles in your school, church and community bulletins/newsletters.
- Remind your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and neighbors what a great gift popcorn makes
for teachers, friends, co-workers, etc.
- Save your Take Order forms so you can call on the same people again next year.
- Tell them why you are selling.
- Let them know how good the popcorn is.
- Say “Thank You” even if they don’t buy anything.