It’s almost time…
For Scouts going on the Wright-Patterson camp out, here is the schedule:
Leaving on FRIDAY, APRIL 6, 2018
- 8:30 AM – Meet in the parking lot at Spruce School
- 9:00 AM – “Wheels Up” and we are on our way
- Lunch – On the Road — Scouts are to bring a bag lunch, the troop will not be providing lunch on the road
SATURDAY: Visit the National Museum of the Air Force http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/
Returning on SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 2018 at approximately 4:00 PM
We will be staying at the Cricket Holler Scout Camp, which is about 20 minutes away from the Air Force Museum http://www.miamivalleybsa.org/Camping/Properties/CricketHoller/
For our New Scouts, here are a few rules we follow when traveling and camping:
- We always travel in our Class-A shirt, even if wearing coats. It’s part of representing Scouting and the Troop.
- In camp, Class-A is not necessary. Regular clothing–especially appropriate for the weather–is the norm.
- Electronics are allowed while traveling (i.e., games, phones, music, etc.) as long as headphones are used to avoid distraction to the driver.
- Once in camp, electronics are put away.
- Scouts can have their phones if they want to take photos at the museum, etc., but we don’t allow them to constantly ‘play’ on them.
- Meals will be provided by the troop (except as noted above), but if the Scout wants to buy something at the museum gift shop or snack bar they will need to bring their own money.
- The Buddy System is in use at all times. Scouts are not allowed to go off by themselves.
- We will be camping in tents, and it can get cold. Do NOT wear shorts this time of year. Weather appropriate clothing, please. We don’t want any hypothermia issues!
- Scouts will need a sleeping bag and other ‘normal’ camping gear, including mess kit.
- If a Scout has a pocket knife (which means they have earned the Totin’ Chip and are allowed to carry one), they should NOT bring it to the museum.