The Kiwanis Spaghetti Dinner to benefit the troop is this Thursday (tomorrow), November 7th. If your Scout did not sell all his tickets, people may buy tickets at the door. Tell your neighbors and friends. Take-out will be available.
All Scouts are expected to attend this event if at all possible. The dinner is to raise money to buy new tents for the troop, and patrons should see Scouts in action helping with the dinner.
The Scouts were asked to provide dessert in the form of cupcakes. The Kiwanis is projecting to serve 300 meals, so we need at least the same number of cupcakes. Paula Dunn was able to secure a donation from Giant Eagle of 150 cupcakes, so if each Scout brings 24 cupcakes we should have more than enough.
The dinner is being held at North Olmsted Party Center (on Lorain, just west of Searns Road).
- Scouts should plan on arriving at the party center at 4:30 PM. (Dinner service starts at 5:00.)
- Scouts should wear their Class A uniform (without sash).
- One or two older Scouts, along with an adult, will be needed to direct cars in the parking lot.
- Other Scouts will be serving/bussing tables as directed by the Kiwanis members. (Scouts will not be doing any cooking.)
- Scouts will be expected to help with cleanup.
I believe the Kiwanis is planning on feeding the Scouts dinner.
See you there!