On Monday, May 25th we will be participating in the Memorial Day Ceremonies for the city of North Olmsted, and in the traditional Troop 664 Memorial Remembrances later in the day.
The schedule is as follows:
- 7:45 AM — Troop should arrive at the City Hall complex at Dover and Lorain. (Please be prompt!) For our new Scouts, there is a parking lot entrance off Dover Road. Look for the City Hall signs. The Old Town Hall is next to the newer city hall.
- 8:00 AM — Ceremony begins at North Olmsted City Hall (Old Town Hall) for flag raising and remarks from the VFW and public officials.
- Board a city bus for transportation to Coe Cemetery and Butternut Ridge Cemetery, where the troop will participate in ceremonies.
- Return by bus to City Hall.
- Scouts who are members of the NOHS Marching Band leave to prepare for marching in the Memorial Day parade.
- Scouts will travel to Sunset Memorial Cemetery (via our own transportation).
- The Troop will honor deceased Scout Masters and distinguished Scouts from Troop 664.
- Scouts return to City Hall and will march in the Memorial Day parade to North Olmsted Park.
Everything should be finished by noon, so you can plan the rest of your day accordingly.