As a way of honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice and previous troop leaders, Troop 664 will again be participating in Memorial Day Activities. We visit 2 local cemeteries with the N.O. VFW post then travel to Sunset Cemetery on Old Columbia Rd. as a troop and visit a few grave sites of previous troop leaders. Following this, the troop will march in the parade with a short program at the park.
- Permission slips will be available at the May 16 meeting with details, but expect it to look something like this:
- Meet at city hall 7:45, Class A uniforms, rain gear if necessary.
- We will travel by bus to the cemeteries with a short ceremony at each.
- We will then travel as a troop to Sunset, returning to city hall around 10:00
- Parade kicks off at 10:30. (This is the time from last year, we will confirm this by the 16th.)
- The parade will conclude at the south end of the city park with a short program, wrapping up 11:45/12:00.
Families are welcome to participate in any or all of the events listed.
If your son is in the band, we will make arrangements to get them to the high school on time.
We look forward to seeing everyone and welcome the opportunity to give the boys this experience and strongly encourage their participation.
~~ Mr. Fehlner