For our new Scouts, you may not be familiar with what to expect at All Scouts Weekend (or our regular camping trips, for that matter). Here is some advice for this weekend:
The troop provides tents and meals. Everything else is up to the Scout.
He should bring:
- A sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad (the ground can get really hard otherwise)
- Drinking cup/water bottle
- Mess kit
- His Class-A scout shirt (worn during our Court of Honor ceremony, flag raise/lower ceremony, etc.)
- Weather appropriate clothing (both for daytime, nighttime, and sleeping) — check the weather forecast in case rain gear is needed
- Flashlight (for those night trips to the bathroom)
- Any medications needed (give to Scoutmaster)
- A camp or outdoor folding chair is advisable as we won’t have regular picnic tables
- Maybe some spending money, as the Girl Scouts used to sell root beer floats in the past–no certainty on that, though
See you later!